UK Piano Removals
At Alliance Removals, we understand that when you’re looking for piano movers, you’re looking for a reliable, professional service and a stress-free move.
A piano, whether a standard upright, concert grand, Steinway, Bechstein or a baby grand, is a valuable item, as well as a large and complex one. So what this specialist task needs is a specialist piano removals service and the assurance that your piano is in safe hands. This is where Alliance Removals can help.
Piano moving cost
For an instant price estimate please complete the form below. For a European move, please contact us for a free custom quote. We can quote for a move just across London, across the UK or to Europe - just ask.
All our piano removal quotes are free and can be offered in several ways to help suit your budget:
- As a part load, where space in the van is also shared with other customers’ items. You’re assured of the same high level of piano service and careful consideration to loading and compatibility of other items which are added to create a full load. The overall cost of the full load is then split across all customers, with delivery by flexible arrangement. This method is useful if you are seeking a cost-effective piano moving option. For more information on how part load removals work, please see our dedicated Small & Part Load Removals page.
- As a specialist single load item. The piano is transported as a single item (or as a move with your own other items). This means a slightly higher piano moving cost, but ensures the move runs entirely to your own schedule - perfect if you need your piano to be delivered by a certain date. Please get in touch for a custom quote.
Alliance Removals piano moving service
Our specialist piano moving service offers the assurance of:
- A two man (minimum) professional team.
- Careful packing of the piano, and accessories.
- Secure loading, transportation and piano delivery.
- Unloading to the desired location.
- Use of protective covers and specialist strapping.
The problem with pianos
Whilst being a beautiful instrument, a piano is also a complicated one, being large and heavy yet at the same time having delicate component parts.
As such, pianos can be awkward and weighty shapes to lift and handle, even before you factor in the issues of manoeuvring this vulnerable piece around properties. When you consider the logistics of safe movement up and down staircases, negotiating tight turns and corners, as well as gaining access to penthouses and basements, the manoeuvring can be as important as the transportation itself.
Because providing secure piano transport can also cause a problem. Ensuring a piano is properly protected during transportation includes specialist equipment to enable loading to be safely and carefully done, so that there is minimal impact to the instrument during transportation.
In all, it’s clear that moving a piano safely is a specialist task.
The professional solution
Alliance Removals has over 22 years experience in removals, offering the highest levels of professional practice.
We are based in Brighton, but operate nationwide often providing moving services across London. We can also quote on removals to Europe. Get in touch for a free no-obligations quotation.
Piano Removals in Sussex: